In the month of November 2017, FSL-India, LTV Bangalore Region organized a Cultural Event (CE) at Mysore and Bangalore zone, under different themes.
Bangalore: Theme: Nature: The Big Banyan Tree or Dodda Alada Mara is a ‘must visit’ place in Bangalore. Spread over 5 acres, the Big Banyan Tree is nearly 400 years old, 28 kilometers away from the city. One volunteer from Germany Jannik, along with his coordinator from FSL-India visited the Big Banyan Tree.
In the afternoon, they had lunch together, after which FSL-India’s coordinator had a 1-to-1 talk with the volunteers about the project and host family.
Mysore: Theme: Nature: Kanana Organic farming is based 40km away from Mysore. The farm was established by 6 families with organic farming research expertise, where they try and implement natural methods without using any chemicals, bringing new technologies to practise for the model or demonstrations. 4 volunteers, i.e. Marta, Pauline, Carla, and Larissa, along with their coordinator visited the Kanana Organic farm. In the afternoon, they had lunch together, after which the FSL-India coordinator had a 1-to-1 talk with the volunteers about the project and host family.
Feedback from the Volunteers
* Learned about the history of the Big Banyan Tree and Mukti Naga Temple
* Got an opportunity to observe a village meeting happened close to the temple
* Got a break from the regular routine and work
* Discussed the Indian educational system
* Discussing Indian rural life
* Learned about organic technology
* Good to gather together
* Impressed by Indian farming and the family
* Good to learn about different kinds of fruits