In the month of November 2017, FSL-India Kundapur hosted 4 Long-Term Volunteers from France and Italy at CEL (Centre for Experiential Living), Kundapur.
The volunteers participated in different practical, theoretical and outdoor sessions for their successful journey in India and they actively took part in each session.
FSL-India’s facilitators took extra care in organizing this orientation, in which some sessions included conflict management, roles and responsibilities, Hindu philosophy, culture and Indian lifestyle, as well as project introduction and preparation with the coordinator.
Every evening, the LTV team organized different events for the exchange of ICL (intercultural learning). FSL-India also organized some cultural activities in the free time like a tour of Kundapur town.
FSL-India’s LTV staff consider this orientation to be a success as the feedback received from the volunteers was very positive. Everything worked well and we are really satisfied with our work and the results.
* The atmosphere at the FSL place is very friendly. Everyone is making you feel comfortable
* Was very nice and interesting
* Yes definitely, I think necessary these days of orientation before to start the volunteer program
* The meeting point on the first Monday – should be kept for sure
* Indian and Indian lifestyle – should be kept for sure
* Indian welcome