In the month of October, FSL-India hosted 5 Long-Term Volunteers from different countries, i.e. France, Germany, Belgium, Slovakia and Italy.
For this orientation, FSL-India organized different events for the exchange of ICL (Inter-Cultural Learning). The sessions conducted were ‘Indian’ welcome, introduction to FSL-India, local language class, practical information, Indian lifestyle, safety, project information, volunteer’s role and responsibilities. The volunteers had a chance to participate in Henna application. It was observed that the participants were interested to know about Indian culture and practices. The volunteers actively participated in the orientation.
Volunteer’s feedback on Orientation week:
– FSL-India is a great NGO and I personally liked to know about all the others’ projects. We got a good info sheet and also, the introduction was friendly and kind.
– We had some great moments and it’s fun to share our first impression about this new culture that we are discovering.
– It was quite relaxed and I had the feeling that I was able to get to know everyone better.
– Really cool. I am so happy that I do not feel alone as a foreigner. Also, coordinators, you were very friendly with us.
– Thank you very much for your support, your kindness, your welcoming, the food, your time, your smile!