First aid is the “best aid” for a person with emergency. There was no much opportunity for seeking so it’s very much essential for them to know first aid at when they are in an emergency. The 14th HMC villages – Thirupandiyur, Amarambedu & Kiloy were selected for such training sessions as the above villages located very interior and could not have immediate access to Hospital or Clinic. The German volunteer Ms. Sarah, expertise in First Aid along with Ms. Hannah another German volunteer taught the rural women rural women on First Aid and since the topic is wider our presentation divided in to three sessions and the first session was carried out in the last week of 27, 28 and 29 April 2015. Second session yet to start in May 2015.
This Training on First Aid was divided in to three sessions:
- Self protection & immediate life saving measures.
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) & seek for Ambulance aid
- Life saving measures with different emergencies.
Self protection & immediate life saving measures:
- It’s about the observation and reaction of the helper when he or she seeing a person in an emergency.
- Observing whether any other threats for the helper or injured person.
- Providing life saving by taking the person to safety zone.
Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) & seek for Ambulance aid
- Teaching the CPR in step wise,
- Training to communicate for Ambulance aid.
Life saving measures with different emergencies
- Training on different emergency situation (ex: Fire, Electrical and Person with broken leg.